In 1949, Stone Sales and Service was founded in Indianapolis, Indiana under the leadership and vision of Paul S. Poynter, Sr. His dedication to customer service and desire to provide superior natural stone products to the building industry, was his true passion and mission. In 1971, Paul, his wife Jeanette, and their sons moved to Conyers, Georgia and established Fieldstone Center, Inc., providing custom fabricated stone as well as full turnkey installation.
In 1988 Paul retired, and his son Brad J. Poynter, along with his wife Darlene, purchased Fieldstone Center, Inc.
In 1991, Brad and Darlene ventured into quarry operations in Tennessee and named the company “Stone Sales and Service Inc” in honor of Brad’s father. The wholesale quarries in Tennessee provide flagstone, fieldstone, and other building stone to retailers nationwide.