Stone is a material that never goes out of style; in particular, it gives your home a cozy, elegant space. Stone accent walls inside your home are generally a popular feature of farmhouse, rustic, and Mediterranean styled rooms. However, they can easily fit many styles including industrial, modern, contemporary, and more!
An easy alternative to not having original stone wall section in your home, is adding a natural stone veneer wall. This will create an eye-catching focal point to your room.
Why Stone Accent Walls are Appealing
- Timeless Beauty: Stone transmits elegance and timeless beauty; hence, a reason it’s been used through the centuries. From architecture to many of the world’s most iconic monuments, stone has always been the top contender.
- Low-Maintenance: Stone requires minimal upkeep: lasting for years.
- Unique: Natural stone cannot be mimicked. Each stone piece has variations in size, color, and texture.
- Versatility: There is a limitless range of styles and colors to choose from. As a result, this gives you endless design opportunities.
- Textural Interest: While you can paint walls within a single room different colors, is doesn’t create a textural aspect. Stone accent walls add an impressive depth of textural interest.
While we might be reminded about ancient stone walls in magnificent fortresses, the walls in today’s homes have modern appeal. Stone veneer is a building material that makes bringing stone features into your home so easy: it’s lightweight and comes in natural or manufactured options. With an array of shapes, sizes, and color gradations, the opportunities are endless.
At Fieldstone Center, we have a wide range of stone and stone veneer products, and can help you make the best selection for your next project. You could replace a dated accent wall with stone: transforming the room. Stone adds dimension that can convert a boring room into one that is stunning. Browse our stone products online or stop by today to speak with one of our experts!